The Witch's Eight Paths of Power started as a series of workshops, then a book, and has grown into its own phenomenon. She offers eight weekend intensives, in-person two hour classes, and she also teaches the course online. Weekly lessons with exercises and practice are offered, supported by video and chat at Spreecast.
Sable is offering a new cycle of courses both online and in-person starting in November.
~ Order The Witch's Eight Paths of Power Now! ~
Sable Aradia offers a video-supported online course in The Witch's Eight Paths of Power, as detailed in her book. Email and Spreecast.com account required; please register for Spreecast and send your email address to Sable upon reception of your payment. A copy of the book is recommended. Material will be sent weekly via email and an invitation will be sent to your Spreecast account to join in the weekly video classroom. Participation in the class is via chatroom at Spreecast where participants will be able to ask direct questions, watch videos, and more. Cost is $10 per class or $250 for the whole course in advance (5 free classes!)
In-person classes based on the Witch's Eight Paths of Power, Sable's book. This will be a course in the Eightfold Way of Wiccan magick: Intent, Trance, the Craft, Intoxicants, Dance & Sacred Movement, Blood & Breath Control, the Scourge, and the Great Rite. A copy of the book is required. Classes will run biweekly on Saturday evenings and cost $20 per class. Registration is required; contact Sable by email via her website.
Videos: "The Witch's Eight Paths of Power"
The Witch's Eight Paths of Power:
Also known as the "Eightfold Way," are a series of 8 different techniques used in Wicca to perform magick. As detailed in Gerald Gardner's Book of Shadows, they are:
* Meditation or Concentration. Called for short, "Intent."
* Trance; projection of the Astral.
* Rites, Chants, Spells, Runes, Charms, etc.
* Incense, Drugs, Wine, etc. "Intoxicants".
* The Dance, and kindred practices.
* Blood Control (the Cords), Breath Control, and kindred practices.
* The Scourge.
* The Great Rite.
The First Path: Intent
1) Meditation or Concentration. This in practice means forming a mental image of what is desired, and forcing yourself to see that it is fulfilled, with the fierce belief and knowledge that it can and will be fulfilled, and that you will go on willing till you force it to be fulfilled. Called for short, "Intent."
– from Gardner’s Book of Shadows
The first and most important element in creating magick is forming your Intent. This clearly focuses your magickal efforts towards a specific goal. All magick (Power of Intention, Law of Attraction, or whatever name you want to call it) flows from the essential ability to focus your Intent.
Lady Sable Aradia will instruct you in an intensive workshop in Intent, including:
• Visualization skills
• Concentration exercises
• Meditation exercises
• How to learn your True Will
• How to beat the “I Can’ts” and “That’s Impossibles!”
• How to clearly request what you actually want from the Universe - and get it!
Video: "The Witch's Eight Paths of Power #1 - Intent"
The Second Path: Trance
Magic is the art of changing consciousness at Will.
– Dion Fortune
Inducing a trance state, an altered state of consciousness, is where most major experiences of magick, mysticism, and psychic ability begin. Lady Sable Aradia will instruct you in an intensive workshop in Trance, including:
• Definition of a trance state and how it works
• Examination of altered states of consciousness
• Examination of levels of trance
• How to induce trance states
• How to access psychic ability from a trance state
• Lucid dreaming and shamanic work
• Preparation for mediumship and Drawing Down the Moon or Sun
• Accessing different levels of reality and astral projection
Video: "The Witch's Eight Paths of Power #2 - Trance"
The Third Path: "the Craft" (Rites, Chants, Spells, Runes & Charms)
Darksome night and shining moon,
East and South and West and North,
Harken to the Witches’ Rune,
Here we come to call ye forth!
– from "The Witches’ Rune" by Doreen Valiente
This is the most familiar form of Witch’s magick; what people usually think of when they hear the word “Witchcraft.” Lady Sable Aradia will instruct you in an intensive workshop in The Craft, including:
• Basic elements of ritual writing
• The art of spell construction
• The Witches’ Rune and its meaning
• Magickal correspondence tables to aid in your spellcraft
• How to use time to aid your magickal Work
• Commonly used chants in group ritual
• The bardic art of memorization
• Archetypes and their relevance to magick
• A study of symbolism and metaphor
• Accessing your creative abilities to create rituals, chants, songs, charms and spells
Video: "The Witch's Eight Paths of Power #3 - the Craft"
The Fourth Path: Intoxicants
Belladonna and aconite
Give to me the gift of flight
Take me up, airborne in the night . . .
Hemlock, henbane, aconite, belladonna,
Opium, thornapple, cinquefoil, mandragora . . .
– from “Belladonna and Aconite” by Inkubus Sukkubus
Intoxicants have been used throughout history to induce trance and create magick. Lady Sable Aradia will instruct you in an intensive workshop in the safe use of these substances, including:
• The safe use of incense in magick
• Basic aromatherapy and herbalism
• The safe use of herbs and spices to induce altered states, psychic abilities, and certain physical effects (such as aphrodisiacs)
• The effect of various commonly-used drugs (marijuana, alcohol, tobacco, caffeine) on your spirit, aura, and psychic senses
• How drug abuse can harm your ability to create magick or use your psychic senses
• The effect of various prescription drugs on magick
• Safe recipes for magickally-oriented Intoxicants
NO MINORS PLEASE.
Video: "The Witch's Eight Paths of Power #4 - Intoxicants"
The Fifth Path: Dance and Sacred Movement
Dance, dance, wherever you may be!
I am the Lord of the Dance, said He,
I live in you, and you live in Me,
And I’ll lead you all in the dance, said He!
– from “Lord of the Dance” by Aidan Kelly, C. Taliesin Edwards, and Ann Cass
Dancing is among the most ancient methods by which power was raised and gods were worshipped. Lady Sable Aradia will instruct you in an intensive workshop in Dance and Sacred Movement, including:
• Basic yoga poses and movements for meditation
• The Five Tibetans or Five Rites
• How to use dancing to raise and direct energy
• Symbolic dance to represent forces of nature, totems and spirits
• Basic belly dancing as sacred art
• Ecstatic dance as worship of the Divine
• Circle dances commonly used in Wiccan ritual
• How to perform (and lead) a Spiral Dance
There will be a lot of exercise and movement in this class, but all levels of physical ability are welcome!
Video: "The Witch's Eight Paths of Power #5 - Dance"
The Sixth Path: Blood Control and Breath Control
When the breath wanders the mind also is unsteady. But when the breath is calmed the mind too will be still, and the yogi achieves long life. Therefore, one should learn to control the breath.
– from “Hatha Yoga Pradipika” by Svatmarama
Mystics from ancient times have used the breath and blood flow to induce meditative states. Lady Sable Aradia will instruct you in an intensive workshop in the use of these techniques, including:
• The importance of proper breathing
• Basic Pranayama and Yogic Breathing
• Introduction to the chakras and chakra breathing exercises
• Postures to alter blood flow
• Basic biofeedback techniques
• Binding and sensory deprivation as meditation methods
• The Breath of Fire to raise energy
No one will be asked to participate in anything that makes her uncomfortable or puts her at risk. Minors will not be permitted to take part in the Binding or Sensory Deprivation exercises.
"Blood & Breath Control" will be offered at Sable's shop The Threads That Bind Us on Sunday, April 8, 2012. Preregistration is required.
Video: "The Witch's Eight Paths of Power #6 - Blood and Breath"
The Seventh Path: The Scourge
Art thou willing to suffer to learn?
– from Gardner’s Book of Shadows
The Scourge is the most misunderstood and controversial magickal technique used in Wicca. More than just a tool, it is a symbol of suffering as a path to enlightenment. Lady Sable Aradia will instruct you in an intensive workshop in the symbolism and safe application of the technique, including:
• A discussion and debate as to the necessity of pain and suffering
• A discussion of near death experiences, disability and Rites of Passage, and how they awaken shamanic power
• Examining how your times of suffering have improved your character and personal power
• Ritual to release limiting attachments
• Guided meditation to meet and come to terms with your Shadow Self
• Creating minor discomfort to induce trance states
• The traditional, proper technique of Scourging in Wicca and why it works.
NO MINORS PLEASE.
Video: "The Witch's Eight Paths of Power #7 - the Scourge"
The Eighth Path: The Great Rite
Assist me to erect the Ancient Altar, at which in days past all worshipped, the Great Altar of all things. For in the old times a woman was the Altar.
– from Gardner’s Book of Shadows
The Great Rite, or Sacred Marriage, is an ancient and powerful magickal technique to commune with the Divine. Lady Sable Aradia will instruct you in an intensive workshop on all aspects of the Great Rite, including:
• The theory behind the Great Rite
• Balancing polarities of yin and yang energy
• Sex magick theory and a discussion of how to practice it
• A moving meditation to honour the Divine forces of Creation
• Tantric breathing exercises
• Drawing Down the Moon and Sun
• Performing a Symbolic Great Rite and how to perform an actual Great Rite
Video: "The Witch's Eight Paths of Power #8 - Great Rite"